Subscribe via email
- CHEESE, PISTACHIO AND PRUNE CAKE – CAKE AU FROMAGE ET PRUNEAUX
- CHICKEN + PORK MEATBALL SOUP
- BLT – BUTTERMILK-TAHINI DRESSING, LAMB + TABBOULEH
- BEER BIRD – BEST CHICKEN EVER + COLCANNON – IRISH MASHED POTATOES
- NAPOLEON – SWEET CORN PUDDING WITH BACON, FIG VINEGAR, GRILLED GLAZED GRANNY SMITH APPLES AND PISTACHIO BUTTER QUENELLES
Category Archives: Puerto Rican – Tipico
I think I am going bananas. It seems that the past few posts bananas and plantains are the main focus of my posts. When last in Puerto Rico we had stopped at a restaurant and the first thing that we were served was … Continue reading
“Guineitos Verde en Escabeche” is one of our most popular dishes. You would say its a ”Jíbaro” dish.
Arroz con Gandules is the traditional dish of Puerto Rico. It is usually served along with our roast pork, Pernil. You will find this dish being served during the holidays and when having a party, it is sure to be the main attraction. … Continue reading
I hope your New Year was wonderful. A happy, healthy and prosperous to you all. Everyone makes resolutions and very few are kept. I know, I am one of those people…weak and lazy at times. But this resolution I will … Continue reading
Carne mechada is the national dish of Venezuela and also very popular in Puerto Rico and Cuba. This version is adaped from Wilo Benet’s cookbook, Puerto Rico – True flavors. If you want to see Wilo’s creations, go to Foodalogue … Continue reading
When we think of Puerto Rico we usually think of beautiful beaches, piña coladas, rum punch, great music and our Caribbean cuisine, of which mofongo is sometimes considered the star attraction.