Subscribe via email
- FISH N’ CHIPS PUERTO RICAN STYLE – BACALAITOS WITH BATATA AND LAVENDER YAUTIA CHIPS
- GRILLED LOBSTER AND A BIRTHDAY PARTY
- VODKA – SAKE – TINI + IRISH SMOKED SALMON – FLAVORED CREME FREICHE ATOP A TOASTED SESAME SUSHI CRACKER
- “PUERQUITO” BURGER + PEPITA, CILANTRO, MANCHEGO PESTO + MANGO, SWEET PLANTAIN SALSA AND MORE
- SWEET POTATOES – THREE WAYS – SWEET POTATO FLAN INFUSED WITH COQUITO – TURKEY MEATBALLS STUFFED WITH SWEET POTATOES AND BAKED
Category Archives: Sofrito
The theme for our Creative Cooking Crew for May is: Fish n’ Chips and take it some place it’s never been before and make it your own.
Comfort food in Puerto Rico is called “asopao”.
STEWED PIGEON PEAS WITH GREEN PLANTAIN DUMPLINGS – GANDULES GUISADOS CON BOLLITOS DE PLATANOS VERDES
Our Creative Cooking Crew took December 2013 off for the holidays. Here we are starting 2014 with a great challenge: Let’s tackle some internationally known ethnic dishes – and present them in new, creative and exciting ways. The star this … Continue reading
I think I am going bananas. It seems that the past few posts bananas and plantains are the main focus of my posts. When last in Puerto Rico we had stopped at a restaurant and the first thing that we were served was … Continue reading
Arroz con Gandules is the traditional dish of Puerto Rico. It is usually served along with our roast pork, Pernil. You will find this dish being served during the holidays and when having a party, it is sure to be the main attraction. … Continue reading
The husband is sick, bad cold and laryngitis (peace). My 86-year-old neighbor broke her wrist and the poor thing just wants me around to help. It is also wet and stormy outside. Between the husband, the neighbor and the weather I … Continue reading
Carne mechada is the national dish of Venezuela and also very popular in Puerto Rico and Cuba. This version is adaped from Wilo Benet’s cookbook, Puerto Rico – True flavors. If you want to see Wilo’s creations, go to Foodalogue … Continue reading
When I landed on Monday I felt rejuvenated. Here are some pictures I want to share with you. Local Crafts