Subscribe via email
- FISH N’ CHIPS PUERTO RICAN STYLE – BACALAITOS WITH BATATA AND LAVENDER YAUTIA CHIPS
- GRILLED LOBSTER AND A BIRTHDAY PARTY
- VODKA – SAKE – TINI + IRISH SMOKED SALMON – FLAVORED CREME FREICHE ATOP A TOASTED SESAME SUSHI CRACKER
- “PUERQUITO” BURGER + PEPITA, CILANTRO, MANCHEGO PESTO + MANGO, SWEET PLANTAIN SALSA AND MORE
- SWEET POTATOES – THREE WAYS – SWEET POTATO FLAN INFUSED WITH COQUITO – TURKEY MEATBALLS STUFFED WITH SWEET POTATOES AND BAKED
Category Archives: Soups – Cold/Hot
May’s challenge for the Creative Cooking Crew is “what are you bringing to the BBQ?”. So many options and ideas, but what I wanted was something refreshing for a hot summer day…Gazpacho!
Comfort food in Puerto Rico is called “asopao”.
This soup came to be as I was lying around recouping from my fractured shoulder, yes another bump for me.
I think I am going bananas. It seems that the past few posts bananas and plantains are the main focus of my posts. When last in Puerto Rico we had stopped at a restaurant and the first thing that we were served was … Continue reading
This month on the 5 Star Foodie Makeover, hosted by Lazaro of Lazaro Cooks! and Natasha of 5 Star Foodie is Chilled soup.
While doing some shopping in my neck of the woods, I remembered that not too far away there is this wonderful little Venezuelan restaurant called “EL Cocotero” located on 18th street between Seventh and Eighth Avenue, NYC. All of a sudden I … Continue reading
The husband is sick, bad cold and laryngitis (peace). My 86-year-old neighbor broke her wrist and the poor thing just wants me around to help. It is also wet and stormy outside. Between the husband, the neighbor and the weather I … Continue reading