I have not had time to post lately with my schedule being so hectic, but always find the time for the  Creative Cooking Crew challenges.  July’s challenge:  Taco, make it your own…take it someplace it’s never been.

I decided to take my taco to Greece.  If you know me, you know my love of Mediterranean food.  Octopus being my favorite.  I can have it broiled, boiled, grilled, in salads and now in a taco.

Tortillas used are from a friend’s recipe.  Sonia of  La Piña en la Cocina is a wonderful chef and quite knowledgeable of her Mexican heritage and food.  Please do visit her blog, I promise mouth-watering recipes.

After grilling the octopus I dressed it with red wine vinegar, olive oil and dried Greek oregano.  I used romaine lettuce, kalamata olives, fresh dill, tomatoes, cucumber ribbons and feta cheese.  Heat up those tortillas as the recipe indicates and just enjoy the moment.

This entry was posted in Appetizers, octopus, pulpo, taco. Bookmark the permalink.

1. I love your Greek tacos! They look beautiful and must have been super tasty. XOXO

2. Joan Nova says:

Love the idea and love the presentation. Really good interpretation of the challenge!

3. soniayrich says:

Like I said before, simply beautiful presentation Norma! I could almost taste it. I love Greek food too!

• Delmar says:

“A GARDEN OF TASTE” Claude Monet will be so jealous to see that. Really!
      Norma you can create a piece of art with food.
      As an artist I will try to put my brushes away for a while.
      Best wishes,

4. So pretty. Must be super-delicious too!

5. It looks so unusual and pretty at the same time. Grilled octopus and taco…something I would have never thought to pair together. An amazing idea!

6. Your taco looks just amazing, I LOVE octopus. Great recipe.

7. Victoria says:

Well done, Norma! I love this trip to Greece with your delicious taco. Yummy octopus :)

8. Ines says:

I’m a BIG fan of OCTOPUS, but never thought of having it in a taco. Presentation is colorful i’m sure it takes good. Live & learn, leave it to Norma. Bless those hands Girl!!

9. ladivacucina says:

Yummy yummy yummy! I love it, like a Greek pulpo salad on a tortilla~why not put it on a pita?! I always make baby occie but never full grown ones, yours looks very tender and delicious! Well done, Norma!

10. sippitysup says:

I love octopus too, but I have never cooked it. Is it hard? GREG

11. flavorsofthesun says:

My kind of taco–and my son would faint for it. Nicely done, Norma.

I haven’t received posts from you in yonks (Joan, either), so I tried to resubscribe, but was told I was already subscribed. Not sure what is going on, but I will try to sort it out as I don’t want to miss a post from either of you!

12. NADEGE says:

Beautiful colors and I am sure, very delicious!